Wednesday 5 January 2011

Album Covers...


During the next period of my coursework I will be working towards creating album covers for my band/artists. In order to successfully do this I must carry out a selection of research methods. To begin with I have created a collage of a selected few of my personal favourite albums. I feel this has given me insight into the main codes and conventions of a typical album cover which will help influence and enhance my final design. Most album covers have conventions such as a title, barcode, album track list and artist/band name however this is not necessarily a must. The codes hidden within the cover are meaningful and often have some form of reference to the band.  I think album covers are a significantly important part of advertising for current  artists, providing a bright, or eye catching image that distinguishes  the artists and sets them immediately apart from other artists and draws the audiences attention and creates mystery.  

 




Below is an analysis of a current  selling album cover.





No comments:

Post a Comment