Tuesday 9 November 2010

Introduction...

As an A2 Media Studies student I am entitled to research, plan and create a music video. To support my music video I must alongside create 2 of either Cd album cover, magazine advertisement or website. This project will require time, I will need to research into many things such as; music genres, target audiences, conventions of music videos, codes of music videos, conventions and codes of album artwork, marketing strategies. I must recognise narrative that are involved in music video's and the reference they have to either the song, the artist or society today.
For the first part of the course I will be doing independent studies, however part of the way through I will be designated to a group with whom I will create my music video. This will require me to have good communication skills and time management. 
Throughout my project I will update my blog regularly, with essay's, analysis', and eventually filming updates. Alongside this blog will be a group blog which will be linked to my main blog. The group blog is a place for all the members of my group to put their ideas and update as a group working together.
I hope to create a strong music video that would succeed in the music industry, I also hope to gain valuable experience in working towards a deadline, in a group and with new equipment. 

1 comment:

  1. Some interesting analysis. Keep in mind the conventions used and how the camera is effectively employed in music videos. Will you adopt these techniques for your own production?

    ReplyDelete